Wednesday, October 07, 2009

I see you, running as fast as your feet can take you, with your eyes almost closed, as in concentration, or pushing yourself further, o simply, in anticipation of what is yet to come, and which you know already.

I see your fingertips vanish, and just as if you wanted to remain by getting a grip of your backpack, your knuckles whiten and I can imagine the inner side of your fingers redden; your eyes shut even tighter. On what would be your final step I can see the sole of your left shoe vanish from down upwards, and like a fire burning your foot seems to jump a bit, as if trying to get away from the source vanishing it, but like paper burning the lightened edges of your knee are next, a border of orange and gold shimers eating out up your legs and arms. In between seconds, the smoldering force consumes you whole.

But on that final instant, when only your face remained, as the neck dissapeared it managed to turn your head and I saw that flash of panic and recognition in your eyes.

Those eyes I was yet to meet.

STK: Bright Eyes - First Day of my Life.

In the dark I call you my own
I sing, I see it grow
the past that will be ours.

No comments: